Online Transactions: Are They Safe?
Newer technologies bring with them great comfort. But this comfort is then accompanied by newer worries and this cycle goes on. In the days of yore people used to carry money with them. Then there was the problem of safe storage of the money. Later the concepts of banks, financial institutes and liquidity of the currency in the market arose. Owing to huge growth in the daily financial activities of people round the world the necessity of the easy transaction of money arose. As is rightly said necessity is the mother of invention; the online money transfer schemes came into play. Online money transfer made life very easy. People can sit at their home and purchase or even sell things online. They can participate in the activities of the stock exchanges with a few clicks. Parents can even transfer money to their wards through net banking facilities available. Booking of traveling tickets can also be done likewise. But then all these things were just the roses overlooking the thorns attached to them. The problem of identity theft and theft of one’s money through hacking came into being. Some of the problems are discussed as follows.
The main concerns regarding online money transactions is the theft of one’s personal as well as financial information during the transactions. People may even fall prey to corrupt businessmen or some con men. So, one has to take care of certain aspects while going for any online financial transaction.
- The first thing one should do while banking on net is not to save log in information on the computer as the computer may be used by someone else also.
- Before logging onto the account one should disable the password saving option given in the web browser.
- It is very essential to erase the tracks i.e. to erase the history of the web browsing session should be deleted before logging off from the computer.
- People should be careful about the over-the-shoulder snoops. While entering the login id and password people standing behind may tend to oversee the login information. So it is essential to be strictly vigilant about such snoops.
- It is strictly advised not to enter any sensitive information on the public computers or computers having more than one user.
- Then while dealing with the people or financial institutes, one should have a vivid idea of the people communicating at the other end.
- While purchasing any goods online or selling them on the internet should be done only through authenticated networks.
- Many a times it is advised that one should keep on changing his/her login id and password frequently.
- One should have a clear statement from the banks about his/her account transactions.
- It is also advised to people not to store or write down the log in information in places which are easily accessible to others.
- It is said that prevention is better than cure. So being a bit vigilant about certain aspects may ensure proper enjoyment of the comfort provided by the modern technology.
Make safe online transaction applications with secure hosting from Bounceweb!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.