A look at the services provided by Amazon web services
As we hear the name AMAZON what come into our mind are the greatest river of South America and the large marshy rain forest by the side of the river. But no, we are not talking about that rain forest. Here we are going to discuss about the Multinational Electronics company which has its headquarters in Seattle USA. Its real name is AMAZON Inc. But here we are going to talk about AMAZON.com it’s the online portal of the company wherein consumers get to buy things online.
AMAZON was founded by Bezos in the year 1994. The company started as an online book store. The idea behind this store was that one of the largest bookstores like BRICK-AND-MORTAR and others could offer at the maximum of 200,000 books at a time while an online bookstore can offer many more. He wanted to tap the money from the internet gold rush which was in its initial stages of development.
The company started in July 1995 after being incorporated in the state of Washington. Later it again incorporated in Delaware. The first book sold by AMAZON.com was Douglas Hofstadter’s Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought.
Amazon got itself enlisted on NASDAQ and on May 15, 1997 it declared its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a rate of $18.00 per share. With booming of the internet world its profit started increasing by leaps and bounds. By the fourth quarter of 2001 its profit grew up to $ 5million on the revenue of about $ 1billion.
Products and Services
Amazon started trading in various goods and services after its initial success in field of online book stores. Its product line contains large varieties of various items which include CDs, Video tapes, DVDs, Consumer Electronic goods, kitchen items, lawn and garden items, sporting kits, baby products apparel and the list goes on and on.
Some more Product lines are as follows:
- March 1999 saw AMAZON launching a web auction service.
- By August 2005 AMAZON started selling products under the name “PINZON” which was its own trademark. The trademark made it clear that AMAZON was going to trade in textiles, utensils and other household goods all by itself.
- By March 2007 Company decided to expand its trademark in order to have a trading market share on a large variety of items.
- 25 September 2007 saw the launching of its own music online music store by the name AMAZON MP3.
- Moreover August 2007 saw the launching of AMAZON FRESH wherein the company was to trade in various PERISHABLE and NON-PERISHABLE items especially grocery items.
- Then there came a big leap in its wide variety of products and services. It started producing films. In 2008 AMAZON in collaboration with 20th Century Fox produced the movie THE STOLEN CHILD.
Amazon.com has become a giant in online trading. There are very few people on this planet who use online services for their daily needs and are not aware of the site. It has made life very easy and comfortable. The credit goes to visionary BEZOS who founded it.
With Bounceweb hosting, you get the best web services too!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.